Thursday, July 27, 2023

My second trip - Jonni Robinson

 This is my second mission trip with this church. My best friend invited me to come last year because she didn’t want to be alone her first time, so I decided to come. Before the trip, I was going to bail the day before. I was just so nervous and worried I had never done anything like it, not to mention it wasn’t my church or my denomination and I knew almost no one. But after that first experience I decided it was so much fun I had learned so much about God and being more on my own and especially going out and experiencing how others live differently compared to me and how I can help them which I love doing. I decided to come again this year, but this time it would be so much different. I would be one of the oldest and not in the shadows of others and ones more experienced and outgoing than me. This time I had to be more of a leader which I struggle with especially when I still feel like there’s an awkward barrier between me and the rest of the group, and that if I say something or do something it won’t be right. Now these past few days I felt closer with the group talking to the members and made good connections even though the barriers are still there the shyness is slowly going away, I have felt more confident and connected to God, I understand new ideas and perspectives with this group and getting this opportunity to travel to a new state for a week every summer doing something so interesting meeting new people is almost like traveling to a different country.

2 comments:

  1. You have so much to offer the group sonit is great you are feeling more confident outside your comfort zone! Next year you'll be a pro 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that the trip brought growth for you ! Your cheerful spirit and just being you brings slot to the group! So happy you made the trip!

    ReplyDelete